THE TEACHER TRAINING ACADEMY
"Teaching - a profession that can change lives and society"
Gain a recognised qualification to teach in the further education and adult learning sectors. You could be qualified in 6 weeks!
TAKING BOOKINGS NOW
John Pounds Centre, Portsmouth. PO1 3HN
Find out more about a new career in college teaching
Download an Application Form
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
STUDY AT THE TEACHER TRAINING ACADEMY
Newbubbles Ltd is a specialist training company that works closely with colleges of further education. We have created the Teacher Training Academy to provide new opportunities in Portsmouth for new and aspiring college teachers (i.e. teachers who want to work with students aged 14 and upwards) to achieve a professional teaching qualification.
Newbubbles Ltd is an approved NCFE provider
All of our teacher training courses are validated by NCFE (Northern Council for Further Education), a well-known national awarding body that looks after hundreds of courses across the UK. NCFE ensures that our qualifications meet the national requirements for high quality teacher training. This course is newly revised to accommodate the recent changes in government guidelines for teacher training qualifications.
Click here to go the NCFE website
The Teacher Training Academy - What We Offer
|Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Level 3
||John Pounds Centre, Portsmouth,
|Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Level 4
||John Pounds Centre, Portsmouth,
*start dates are flexible - you may enrol at any time.
**Fees are exclusive of VAT and an assessment fee of £25.00 which covers your microteach
Class Times: This course is offered in classroom based AND online formats. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Your Registration fee is an additional £46.00 (Level 3) or £51.00 (Level 4) - this fee pays for your teaching certificate which will be sent to your listed postal address.
Download our course flyer Download an Application Form
You must be 19 or over to be eligible for this course.
You do not need to be in a teaching role to do this course.
Send your completed application form to: 47 Chichester Road, North End, Portsmouth, HANTS. PO2 0AB. We will reply by e-mail within 72 hours of its receipt.
What Level is Right for You?
Level 3 Study:
The Level 3 qualification is appropriate for learners who:
- have not studied for some time;
- do not have a Level 3 qualification already
- have no plans to continue their teaching studies beyond this qualification
- want to teach on an occasional basis
Level 4 Study:
The Level 4 qualification is appropriate for learners who:
- have recently studied at a Level 3 or equivalent basis
- have plans to continue their teaching studies after completing this qualification
- want to secure a full-time or significant part-time teaching role
What you will Study:
The award is designed to develop the candidates' ability to:
- Identify learners' needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to teaching/training
- Demonstrate in their planning, delivery and evaluation a regard for equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop their skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning learning sessions by reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in their teaching/training
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using their own creative and information technology skills
- Develop their key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply appropriate means of assessing their own learners
Advice on Fees:
All fees are payable by the prior to the course start date.
- Students aged 19-23 studying your first full level 2 or 3 qualification may be eligible for free tuition fees (check with the job centre or local education authority for further information).
- Students aged 24+ will be eligible for an Advanced (24+) Learning Loan - this will cover all your tuition, assessment and registration fees.
Would I qualify for a 24+ loan? You will if:
- you are aged 24 or over
- your tuition and assessment costs equal or exceed £300.00 in total
- you are studying for a qualification that is offered by an approved qualifications centre (the Teacher Training Academy is an approved NCFE Centre)
- you are resident in the UK
- The 24+ loan is a scheme that has been designed by government to support people aged 24 and over who wish to study at a college or private training provider but cannot afford the fees on their own.
- Your loan does not have to repaid back to the Loans Company until April 2016 and you won't pay back anything if you are earning less than £21,000.
- Your loan is not dependent on your income, employment status or any other means-tested measure.
Download our Financial Support Factsheet here (in progress)
Download the government factsheet on the 24+ Learning Loans
You can have confidence in tutors who are endorsed by Newbubbles Ltd.
Your course tutors have more than 15 years experience in delivering teacher training programmes in further education colleges. All tutors are vetted by Newbubbles Ltd and must have a track record of success and good external verification reports in order to teach on our programmes.
The Venue (Practical Component for Portsmouth based trainees):
John Pounds Centre
23 Queen Street, Portsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire. PO1 3HN
Getting to the Venue:
Car For guests traveling into Portsmouth we are easily accessible by road. The M275 leads straight into the heart of the city and then follow the brown signs for ‘Historic Waterfront’. Queen Street is the main road that leads down to the Historic Dockyard.
Train Our nearest train station is Portsmouth Harbour – a simple 5 minute walk from the John Pounds Centre – with good connections to London and the West.
Walking A good form of exercise that causes no pollution and its free. A buggy store is located on the first floor next to the crèche for people walking with children to use this facility.
The venue is able to accommodate persons with mobility difficulties and is a user-friendly space for learners who have specific support needs (e.g. good access, signage, staff expertise).
- Full or restricted wheelchair access is available at the centre, with two lifts allowing access to the first floor.
- There is a disabled hoist and changing room available for public use on the first floor.
- For blind or partially sighted members, guide dogs are welcome at all times at all of our clubs.
- For Deaf and hard of hearing customers, meeting rooms and reception have hearing loops, and we have two portable hearing loops that are available at all times. Hearing dogs are welcome at all times at all of our clubs.